Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Photos from LTIR Skate

As part of my "Capitals Kremlin: Journey to the Press Box" media event, I went ahead and took in the morning skate. Of course being the college student I am: I slept late, got stuck in D.C. traffic, enjoyed D.C. weather on I-95 and showed up at about 10:45.

While I didn't get to see the whole team go at it, I did get an opportunity to see our Long-time Injured Reserve guys practicing. Fleischmann, Fedorov, Pothier and Erskine were all on the ice and were engaged in some skating drills.

Brashear watching from above, just as I snapped this, Brooks Laich walked by. He was wearing his "good isn't good enough shirt."

The Coaches setting up a skating drill. The players would head to the opposite end of the ice, skate hard back, touch the faceoff circle and then a player would chase after him. Fedorov looks like he was still in some pain after each run.

Erskine after the skating drill. You can't tell from the thumbnail but, Erskine is rocking a mean looking Fu-Man-Chu mustache now. It's pretty badass and in my opinion ranks among the best in NHL facial hair.

Fun shot of Flash here. The team were sending saucer passes from the far end of the ice to the goal closest to me. After shooting this photo Bruce Boudreau walked behind me talking on his cell phone. He had a serious look on his face, a look that made a fan next to me to say "oh the Flyers are toast tonight."

Pothier after the skating drill. I didn't get to see him shooting earlier in the day but I must say he looked pretty good on his skates. He's nowhere near coming back this month but I wouldn't be suprised if we heard some rumblings of a return in late Febuary or early March. Still I doubt he's back this season.

Well that's all I have for now. I'll be headed out to Verizon soon so I can take in the whole pre-game press experience as well as the first period in the box. I'll have some photos and commentary on the night after the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Technorati Profile